The coldest months of the year are here in Upstate New York, and the last thing you want to do is lose heat in your home during the dead of winter. Along with running the risk of your plumbing freezing, causing permanent damage, a no-heat emergency is uncomfortable and stressful for your whole family. If your furnace or boiler heating system stops working for whatever reason, you can always call the HVAC experts at Blueox Energy. But first, try out the tips below to save yourself an HVAC service visit.
No-Heat Checklist for Homeowners in New York
- Ensure thermostat settings are correct and the batteries are fresh. You’ll want to double check the thermostat has batteries, and the function is set to “auto” or “heat.” The thermostat also needs to be set above the current temperature of the home in order for the heat to start.
- Check that no breakers are tripped and all emergency switches are on. An electrical issue can happen without your knowledge and breakers are tripped for safety. Ensure that your furnace or boiler’s breaker is on. Red emergency switches should also be on; most often, these can be found at the top of your basement stairs and on your heating unit itself.
- Verify you have oil or propane by checking the tank’s Your oil or propane tank has a small round sight glass that houses the tank gauge. Check to ensure that you have at least 1/3 of a tank full. If not, call your BlueOx Energy.
- Press your heating system’s red reset button once;however,do not press it more than once, as that can be dangerous. Regardless of if you have a furnace or boiler, you should see a reset button on the side of your home heating system. Press it one time only to see if your furnace or boiler can be reset. If you press it once and it doesn’t work, be sure to give our HVAC experts a call so they can assist you.
- Still no heat? Call Blueox Energy for assistance at (800) 723-2583.
Do You Need to Schedule Heating System Maintenance in Upstate NY?
Our team is here to help you with all your oil and propane HVAC needs! If you need heating assistance, be sure to give us a call today or request service online at BlueOxEnergy.com. We offer service for a variety of furnaces and boilers, as well as maintenance plans and emergency service. We look forward to helping you achieve the best home comfort! Contact us today!